Licensing and CE Requirements

Kansas Real Estate CommissionKAR and KREC are two different businesses. It is a common mistake to think they are part of the same company. While KAR is a not-for-profit Association, KREC is a government agency.

The Kansas Real Estate Commission (KREC) is the state government agency. They provide protection to Kansas consumers of real estate, escrow, and land development services, and also work to ensure a professional environment conducive to a healthy real estate market.

KREC is responsible for licensing, education and compliance.

KREC Requirements for a Kansas Real Estate License
Continuing Education Requirements

Your License Expiration Date

License expiration dates are varied over a two-year period. Education and renewal of license are due by the expiration date on your real estate license. Visit for more information on license renewal.  

Page Reader Press Enter to Read Page Content Out Loud Press Enter to Pause or Restart Reading Page Content Out Loud Press Enter to Stop Reading Page Content Out Loud Screen Reader Support